If you’re planning a cross country move, keep in mind the following:
- Make sure the company you choose is fully licensed and bonded for interstate moving (not just local moving)
- Check online reviews for the companies you’re considering
- Ask your family, friends, and neighbors for their experiences with other companies
- Look into different insurance options with your moving company. The standard insurance is very low so entertain all insurance options! This could mean using a third party insurance company or even your homeowner’s insurance- sometimes they cover the move entirely.
- It will be significantly cheaper to do the packing and wrapping of your furniture yourself!
- Label all boxes with your name and designated room.
- Make sure to read the moving company’s contract IN DETAIL. Some companies have hidden costs.
- Request an on-site or fill out an inventory list to get an idea of what the total cost will be
- If you can, be flexible with your pick up and delivery date- it will allow the moving company to give you a better rate.
Follow the steps below for a smooth, cross country move!
Call DC Pro Movers at 202-570-7220 for a free estimate for your upcoming cross country move!