1) So many museums, including all the Smithsonian Museums (Some of these being the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, National Gallery of Art, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian American Art Museum, etc)
2) Smithsonian’s National Zoo
3) Summer time concerts (Mid May – mid Sept) at Yards Park. Concerts begin at 6:30 pm.
4) Gravely Point Park. You get to watch planes land right over your heads! Perfect for children!
5) Take some awesome pictures of the Monument in the moonlight. Talk about a stunning picture!
6) Watch the changing of the guard at the Arlington National Cemetery. It happens every hour (on the hour) from March- October. Kind of weird but super cool, if you ask me.
7) Watch the cherry trees blossom in the spring time. They’re’ absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
8) Look at the awesome fountain at Bartholdi Park. This is a great activity to do with children as well.
9) Visit the National Cathedral (only free on Sundays so make sure you go then). History lesson, anyone?
10) Go to the P Street Whole Foods on Tuesday nights for some cooking classes/demos. Make sure to register before you go. And please, you could use the cooking help 😉
Have fun doing all your FREE activities in Washington DC!