Moving can be expensive. Sometimes, way too expensive. As professional movers, we know just what to do to lower the cost of your move. Take it from the professionals!
1) Don’t wait until last minute to pack. If you do, you probably won’t complete all the packing by moving day and you’ll need the movers to help you. Time is money (in most moving cases)! You should try to have everything packed and ready to go so the movers don’t need to spend any extra time in your home.
2) Find out what furniture pieces have to be wrapped. Most moving companies require specific furniture pieces to be wrapped (ie TVs). Before the move, ask a sales rep what pieces have to be wrapped and with that. Go to your local Home Depot and purchase the supplies in advance. Wrap whatever you can before the movers arrive.
3) Again, time is money! Specifically if you’re moving locally. If you can, disassemble and reassemble all necessary furniture to save the movers from having to do that. The less work they have to do, the less the move will cost you!
4) Help the movers. Help carry boxes and light furniture pieces to the truck. For liability issues, you won’t be able to go onto the truck but bringing the items to the truck will speed up the move.
5) Use a company with a low minimum amount of hours. This is especially true if you’re moving a small home, like a studio or one bedroom. Some moving companies have a minimum of 4 hours or so- you don’t want to pay for time you don’t need.
Good luck on your move!