Moving to a new place is scary. This new place is going to be your home for the next few months, years, or decades. Make sure to plan and research your options as much as possible before choosing a new place to move to.
Use the list below to help you find your new home:
1) First and foremost, try to visit the potential towns before the big move. While in the areas, drive around and visit the central areas, restaurants, shops, recreation centers, etc. to get an idea of what living there will be like.
2) Use the internet to look up crime rates and statistics, school options (specifically if you have children), libraries, hospitals and other emergency services, proximity to the local airports, etc.
3) Don’t forget about the financial aspects. Its’ important to know what you can afford. After that, plan accordingly. Research the average cost of homes in the area as well as different state taxes.
4) Check out employment opportunities in all potential areas. If you specialize in a specific field, take time researching the city’s job market in your industry. In addition, keep in mind that income levels for the same job can vary from one state to another. There are websites (salary.com, for example) that compare salaries for different careers in various states.
5) Do you like warm weather? Or do you prefer the cold? If you’re passionate about either, make sure to search typical weather habits for different areas.
6) The more information you can get the better it will be. Informed decisions are usually the best.
Good luck finding your new home!