Unfortunately, there are many mistakes that people make when choosing a moving company.
Here at DC Pro Movers we’ve created a list of the top 5 most common moving mistakes to make your next move a smooth transition.
- Giving less details and information about the move: The more information you give the moving company, the more accurate your estimate will be. If possible, give the moving company an exact list of the items to be moved. Details, details, details!
- Not reading the contract in detail: Some moving companies have hidden fees (ie processing fees, credit card fees, anything they can come up with!) It is very important to read the contract in detail. If you’re unsure about something, make sure to ask. If the moving company agreed to a discount, make sure it’s included in the contract. Every detail should be clearly written out with no room for discrepancies!
- Not researching the company enough:I’m sure everyone has heard all the moving nightmares. First and foremost, before choosing a moving company, check to make sure they’re licensed, bonded, and insured (http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pkg_carrquery.prc_carrlist). Check the Better Business Bureau and any online reviews- keep yourself informed.
- Not being ready on the day of the move: It’s very important to begin packing and preparing for your move a couple weeks in advance. It’s always more work than you presume and it always takes longer than you anticipate. Begin doing a little bit every day and by the time moving day comes, you will be fully ready for the movers.
- Accepting the cheapest quote: Cheap is not always best! Cheap prices can lead to cheap service. Normally, if something seems too good to be true, it’s because it is. You will likely find all of the rates to be within close range to one another- anything out of the ordinary is usually better to stay away from.
For any questions or for a free estimate, please feel free to call us directly at 202-570-7220.Good luck with your move!