How to handle the stress of moving? HealthStatus reports that moving is one of the biggest stressors amongst people. Even if you’re upgrading your home, there’s something about relocating that really stresses people out.
Follow these helpful hints on how to handle the stress of moving:
1) Ask for help! Don’t be to shy or stubborn to ask for help. Ask your family or friends to help you pack, watch your kids or pets, etc. Even minimal help will make a large difference.
2) Hire help! Hire movers, cleaners, whatever you can to make the process easier for you.
3) Plan ahead. Don’t wait till last minute to start packing. Make an organized packing plan starting 3 weeks before your move. Make sure to stick to the plan so you don’t have too much to do last minute.
4) Pack wisely. Label boxes when you’re able to. This will help tremendously when unloading and unpacking.
5) Trash/give away what you don’t need. The less you move, the less you stress.
6) Treat yourself with something awesome once everything is settled in. The reward will motivate you to keep on going!
7) Take deep breaths! Try to keep yourself calm by taking slow deep breaths. Just remember that the stress will be over before you know it!
These helpful tips should help ease the stress of moving. Good luck with your move!